When discussing the path to take when it comes to increasing website rank/traffic, we always get asked a ton of questions surrounding SEO.
The changes you make to your website should not be solely focused on whether there is an SEO advantage to doing so, but rather on what is best for the website. SEO can sometimes recommend changes for your website that won’t necessarily look aesthetically pleasing. This is why it is best to hire experts who know what they are doing and understand the advantages of using SEO and how to implement them.
For instance, SEO may recommend using a term that doesn’t make sense in one of your headlines, as it may use incorrect grammar. Or maybe it will tell you to add outgoing links in your headline. All things that should not just be instantly done. Not every site revision or upgrade should be done for SEO purposes.
It is not too uncommon for us to see situations where people have implemented SEO to get themselves higher on the pecking order of search results, but because they are too concerned about what an SEO audit says, they forget the true values of their website and business, which is to ultimately sell a service or product.
People are susceptible to listening to advice once and going with that for the long run without any hint of change. Some people will still use and implement the advice they heard from an SEO expert or even Google themselves several years ago. The truth is, Google is changing and adapting every single day in the way its algorithm works. This is why you need to work with SEO experts who understand and follow these key algorithms. While SEO is important, being so narrow with your site decisions can end up hurting your site, your user experience and even your SEO itself.
Why Is My Site Ranking Important?
The key benefits that you can expect to see after using SEO (both on-page and off-page) are:
- Increases site traffic, which improves your site’s authority and relevance.
- Improves Credibility & Trust by appearing as high up on Google as possible
- SEO Targets the Entire Marketing Funnel – While a top-of-the-funnel or middle-of-the-funnel blog post won’t convert initially, content such as this builds brand loyalty and awareness – traits that lead to conversions.
- Implementing thoughtful SEO strategies – such as content creation and on-page optimisation – and mastering Google’s algorithm takes dedicated time. To see the best results of incorporating SEO into your digital marketing strategy, be prepared to view SEO as an investment with remarkable long-term returns.
- If you’re not on page one, you’re likely not winning clicks or promoting your brand to anyone. Today, search engine optimisation is critical to a thriving brand identity.
- On-page SEO will be a visual way of seeing improvements on your website, which our team will implement on a monthly basis. You will be able to see these changes yourself, with the addition of added features, videos, photos and copy to enjoy.
- SEO Provides 24/7 Promotion, with SEO being active at all times once implemented, Google is always learning website updates and copy rewrites, so by making changes on the back-end, this will keep up to date with Google’s ever-changing algorithm
- Back-end SEO allows you to focus on regional audiences and national, meaning you can target specific locations if you so wish.
- Social media linking and link building create a good reputation for your website, as Google recognises you are up-to-date
- Title tags are pieces of HTML code that indicate what the title of a page is. We will make sure your search results display that title in search engines, social media posts, and browser tabs.
- Additionally, title tags are a ranking factor. Influence via regular updates can decipher whether a user decides to click on a page or not. Google ranks websites higher if they complete back-end SEO tasks that others do not.
- By fixing back ends errors that can occur naturally, we will make sure these do not back up and create long terms problems for your website.
All of these key benefits listed are influential factors to boosting your website ranking across Google, all of which are important in their own ways. We believe implementing SEO, alongside using other forms of digital marketing (social media, effective copywriting, emails) will help you climb that ladder which is Google search results. Being on the first few pages of Google is critical for any business, so make sure you start your journey today by contacting us, we’ll be happy to talk you through our options!
You can also submit your website to a website rank checker tool, which will tell you your current rankings across Google and other popular search engines!